What is Malwarebytes Protection module?
In the registered version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, the protection module is available to protect the system from malicious threats, using the advanced protection module along with the scheduler.
- Enable Protection module: Realtime protection (tray icon, Website Protection, and malware execution protection) is enabled. Once checked, this option is greyed out and cannot be unchecked. Protection may be disabled by right clicking the tray icon and selecting Exit.
- Start protection module with Windows: This option will start the Protection Module during system startup and place a tray icon in the system tray.
- Start file execution blocking when protection module starts: This option detects and blocks malicious processes and prompts the user to take action upon detection.
- Start malicious website blocking when protection module starts: This option blocks access to known malicious websites.
- Show tooltip balloon when malicious website it blocked: This option will generate a tray icon notification whenever a malicious IP address is blocked. Details such as the application name, the connection type as well as the port number are shown on Windows Vista and higher operating systems.
- Scheduler: Allows the user to schedule scans and updates to fit individual needs. An optional predefined update is included during registration. See the Scheduler section for details.