What is the procedure for the manual update (VDF Fusebundle)?
Please carry out the following steps to update your AntiVir Software on a PC without Internet access.
- Download the latest virus definition file (VDF) on another PC, with Internet access, directly from the Avira website.
For Avira AntiVir Personal, Premium and Premium Security Suite, starting with Version 9, as well as for Avira AntiVir Professional starting with Version 9, you need to download the VDF (multiple VDF).
For older versions of AntiVir products, please continue to use the iVDF (Container VDF).
- Copy the downloaded file to a portable media storage such as an USB Stick or a CD-ROM for transferring it to the PC without Internet access.
Note: You do not have to unpack the ZIP file.
- Plug the media storage into the PC.
- Start the AntiVir Software and go to Update - Manual Update.
- Select the downloaded VDF file from your media storage and click Open.
- The message The virus definition file has been successfuly updated appears. AntiVir is now up to date.
Note: Please keep in mind that an effective protection against new threats is only possible with an up-to-date virus definition file. Update your AntiVir Software at regular time intervals.