Do I have the latest version of ESET Cybersecurity for Mac?
Eset is always working to improve ESET security products, which results in new product versions that improve upon previous releases. To make sure you have the latest version of ESET Cybersecurity for Mac, follow the steps below:
- Open the main program window by clicking the ESET icon on the menu bar and selecting Open ESET Cybersecurity or by clicking Finder / Applications / ESET Cybersecurity.
- Click Update from the main menu on the left.
- If a new version is available, a message that says “A new version of the product is available!” will be displayed at the bottom of the window.
- Click Learn more… to display a new window containing the version number of the new build, the list of changes in the new version and other important info.
- Click Download to download the latest version or click Close to download the upgrade later.
- If you clicked Download, the file will be downloaded to your downloads folder (or the default folder set by your browser). When the file has finished downloading, open it and follow the installation instructions beginning with step 3.
Your username and password will be automatically transferred to the new installation. We recommend that you check for upgrades regularly, and especially after a recent installation.