How do I install ESET Cybersecurity for Mac - digital download?
Running two antivirus products on the same computer can degrade performance and cause system instability. It is important that any previously installed antivirus software is uninstalled from your system before installing your ESET security product. Click here for a list of common Mac antivirus uninstallers.
- Download the latest install package from ESET's download page: http://www.eset.com/us/download/ecs.
You will need your Username and Password to activate ESET Cybersecurity after installation. Your username and password can be found in the original email we sent you after purchasing your ESET product. Click here if you would like us to re-send your username and password.
If you have not activated your boxed product's activation key, click here to activate now.
- The install package will appear in your Downloads folder (or the default folder set by your browser). Click the download file to open it.
- Double-click the Install icon from the ESET Cybersecurity Install Disk window and click Continue to launch the installation wizard.
- Read the Introduction and then click Continue.
- On the Read Me page, click Continue. If you would like to print or save the important information displayed on the Read Me page, click Print... or Save..., respectively.
- Carefully read through the Software License Agreement. To print or save the License Agreement, click Print... or Save..., respectively. Click Continue and then click Agree when prompted to agree to the License Agreement. If you click Disagree, you will exit the installer and your installation of ESET Cybersecurity will be incomplete.
- Select the Installation Mode for your ESET security product. You can select either Typical or Custom installation modes. We recommend selecting the Typical installation mode, as its preconfigured settings provide optimum performance with maximum protection. However, if you would like to configure your own settings, you can select the Custom installation mode. Click Continue to proceed.
- Set parameters for ThreatSense.Net Early Warning System reporting. The ThreatSense.Net Early Warning System submits new threats to ESET's labs and provides feedback that improves protection. Select the Enable ThreatSense.Net Early Warning System option to activate ThreatSense.Net reporting. Click Continue.
- Select Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications from the drop-down menu on the Special Applications page. Potentially unwanted applications are programs that may affect your computer's performance, speed, reliability and behavior. They typically require user consent before installation. Click Continue.
- Read the installation details on the Installation Type page. If you would like to install ESET Cybersecurity for Mac in a different location, click Change Install Location.... Click Install to install your ESET security product. You will need to enter your Mac OS administrator username and password. The ESET installer will prompt you to continue the installation after you have entered your administrator username and password. Click Continue.
- The installation may take a few minutes to complete. Click Restart to restart your computer and complete the installation.
You will be prompted to activate ESET Cybersecurity after installation. Follow the on-screen instructions, or bookmark the following ESET Knowledgebase link for reference: Activating ESET Cybersecurity for Mac.