How to manualy update your antivirus Avira?
Please go through the following steps to update your AntiVir Software on a PC without internet access.
1. Download the latest virus definition file (IVDF) on a PC with internet access directly from the Avira website.
For Windows 2000/XP/Vista please use the IVDF (Unicode) at:
2. Copy the downloaded file to a portable media storage such as an USB Stick or a CD-ROM for transferring it to the PC without internet access.
Note: Extracting of the ZIP file is not necessary.
3. Insert the media storage into the PC without internet access.
4. Start the AntiVir Software and go to the menu Update and select Manual Update.
5. Select the downloaded IVDF file from your media storage and click Open.
6. The message The virus definition file has been successfuly updated. appears, AntiVir is now up to date.
Description: Please go through the following steps to update your AntiVir Software on a PC without internet access.
Note: Please keep in mind that an effective protection against new threats is only possible with an up to date virus definition file. Update your AntiVir Software in regular time intervals