How to do exclusion with the scanner and protection module?
The ignore list tab allows you to manage a list of items which both the scanner and protection module will exclude from scanning and detection. Programs such as other security products are usually recommended to add as you want both applications to complement each field of specialty and provide the added layer of protection without encountering conflicts and performance issues.
- Add: To set the exclusion manually from being scanned both by the scanner and the protection module in the PRO version, click on the "Add" button and use the browse window to locate the file or folder that you want to exclude from being scanned. This option is useful for resolving performance conflicts with other security software, such as your resident antivirus program. Simply add the program folders of your security software to the Ignore List.
- Delete: To remove a single item (file/folder/IP address) from the Ignore list, such as a file or folder, select (by clicking) the on the item listed and click "Delete".
- Delete All: To remove all items from the Ignore list immediately, click "Delete All".
Options for possible threats from Scanned Result:
- Upon a scan completion, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will indicate that there are infected objects.
- Click "Show Results" in the main Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware window.
- The Scanner tab will open showing infected items.
- Select only the item(s) Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware should not consider as a risk, click "Ignore" to allow.
- Click "Remove Selected" to remove the threats remaining in the list.
- If there are no additional threats left, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will display a message stating that there are no threats left to remove. Click "OK" to continue.
Accessing a Blocked Website: In order to bypass and access a potentially malicious website which has been blocked by Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, perform the following step.
- Navigate the web browser to the blocked website or IP address again.
- A balloon tip notification will pop up from the task tray indicating that access to the website has been blocked.
- Right-click on the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware tray icon, hover the mouse pointer over to "Add to Ignore List". Left-click on the IP address number that you want to add to the ignore list.
Security Risk: Once an IP address is added to the Ignore List, any website that uses that IP address will be able to bypass Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.